Hello Secondary JEA,
We hope you enjoy the next two days of professional development. Thanks for everything you do for our kids!
Just a few reminders from your Bargaining Support Team…
Please show your support by wearing your JEA gear and/or JEA buttons during the next two days of inservice. Working without a contract is tough on morale and feels disrespectful when the district refuses to make us a priority. Let’s respectfully end on time Thursday and Friday and leave together at 4:00.
We know you are incredible busy, but hope to see you again at the next school board meeting on Tuesday, Nov 12th at 6:00 PM at the JDHS Library. Thanks to those of you who have already offered to speak at the board meeting. Talking (or sending emails) to board members and respectfully asking for a cost-of-living raise for our teachers, and to settle a contract quickly is also very appropriate. We want our full attention to be on our students!
Things to know…
- Our JEA Negotiations Team met with the District Team over nine times last school year with no movement from the District on any monetary or non-monetary items.
- The District’s initial proposal was ZERO raise, and ZERO contribution toward health care.
- The city lawyers instructed the District to get back to the table and make an offer when it was clear the National Labor Relations Act (to bargain in goof faith) was being violated.
- The divisive offer that the district presented to our JEA team (just days before arbitration) was to take away benefits from some part-time employees, and give a one-time $1000 check to the members at the top of the pay scale. (step 17 or 18) And to add $10/month contribution to health care costs.
- We had a zero percent increase in salary last year.
- We are confident the district budget can afford a modest increase to our salary schedule.
- The District has agreed to come back to the table on November 18th.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or suggestions.
Your Bargaining Support Team
Molly Box – firstname.lastname@example.org
Semra Deaner – email@example.com
Mike Heiman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Debby Hull – email@example.com
Holly Ireno – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dirk Miller – email@example.com
Tonja Moser – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Thompson – email@example.com
NEA Uniserv Director Willie Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org